- Membership can be divided into four categories, namely normal membership, honorary membership, associatemembership and lifetime membership:
- Ordinary Membership: Membership is open to Malaysian citizens who are Muslims and aged 18 years and above, possesses at least a degree in science and technology, and those that are eligible to vote and hold office.
- Honorary Membership: Is an individual that is appointed based on large contributions given to the advancement of science and technology.
- Associate Membership: Membership is open to individuals aged 18 years and above and:
- not from a Malaysian citizen and non-Muslims, or
- possesses qualifications in other fields of science and technology.
- they cannot vote, cannot be voted on, and hold office in the PERINTIS Committee.
- Lifetime Membership: Open to ordinary members that pay the full lifetime membership fee.
- Student Membership: Open to Institute of Higher Learning (IPT) students.
- Terms of membership:
Every application for membership shall be sent to the Honorary Secretary by including the:
- Completed application form
- membership fees
- a certified copy of the supporting documents
- Application for membership shall be submitted to the Committee for approval. The Committee may in its discretion reject any application without assigning any reasons.
- Each member whose application has been approved by the Committee as listed above are required to pay a registration fee and an annual fee first before membership in PERINTIS is considered valid.
REGISTRATION FEES, FEES AND OTHER PAYMENTS
- Registration fees and fees to be paid are as follows:
- Registration fees: RM50.00 (Ringgit Malaysia: fifty only);
- Normal members’ annual subscriptions and associate members: RM30 (Ringgit Malaysia thirty only);
- Lifetime membership fee: RM300.00 (Ringgit Malaysia: three hundred only)
- The annual fee shall be paid to the Honorary Treasurer on the first day of the year, but not later than March 31 of the year.
- Registration fees and first annual fee for new members shall be paid upon the date of being accepted as a member.
- Registration fees and fees paid is non-refundable and will not be returned if the individual is no longer a member.
- Members who fail to pay the annual fee after March 31st will receive a reminder letter signed by the Secretary or his/her representative, and will lose his/her privileges as a member until the debt has been settled.
- If members leave debt of more than the amount of fees for two years, the Committee may remove from his/her membership in PERINTIS, and the Committee may order appropriate action to be taken against him/her, provided they are satisfied that the member did receive a prior statement(s) regarding the debt.
- The Committee has the power to set any outstanding registration fee and the annual fee for any organization that has let his/her membership in PERINTIS be dismissed due to debt.